High Schools in Western Australia
Study Western Australia can help students to enrol in public and private high schools in Perth after successfully completing a high school preparation course. (See English courses for more English course options and information).
Western Australian Government High Schools
Junior Secondary: Year 8 - 10
All junior secondary students study the following subjects:
- Technology & Enterprise
- The Arts
- Society & Environment
- Health & Physical Education
- A language other than English
Each subject is presented and taught by a different teacher. Students may then choose from a list of other subjects including but not limited to:
- Foreign Languages
- Home Economics
Senior Secondary: Year 11 -12
In the senior secondary years, students select subjects based on their future career. Generally they choose five or six Tertiary Entrance Ranking (TER) subjects which include but are not limited to the following options:
- English Literature
- A range of foreign languages.
Western Australian Private High Schools
Private, Independent, Catholic or Grammar schools are also known as Non-Government schools and offer:
- A choice of co-education or single sex education.
- A choice of day or boarding places.
- Excellent education and sporting facilities.
- Outstanding pastoral care and support.
- Wide range of extra-curricula activities.
Fees start at AUD $10,000 (Secondary) upwards and are generally more expensive than government high schools.