Eating out may be a luxury you don’t think you can afford whilst you study in Perth. But not only is eating essential to our survival (duh!), it’s also a great way to catch up with old friends and to explore more of what this city has to offer.
There are many great restaurants in Perth providing cheap eats that taste great AND won’t break the bank. The cuisines range from traditional Aussie “pub grub” to Asian delights and more (this is a very multicultural city, after all!)
Check out our list of Perth’s best bargain eateries below!
1. This super centrally located Asian dinner serves up your usual suspects (Chicken Katsu and Udon Noodles) from as little as $5.50 per dish as well as a range of sushi bites from just $5 for 5 pieces. Fill your boots!
Francoforte Spaghetti Bar
2. This hole-in-the-wall Italian joint is famous for a reason! Hidden inside a Northbridge laneway, Francoforte offers incredible pasta dishes from $12 each. YUM!
Two Gringos Mexican Grill
3. The best thing about Mexican food is that you can eat as little or as much as you want. At xxx, you can order singular tacos or a feast to share. Tacos will set you back roughly $6 each or if you’re famished, try the El Clasico burrito stuffed with your choice of meat, rice, beans and salad for $12.90.
4. This vegetarian, Indian restaurant has sat on the banks of the Swan River for years. Their concept is incredibly unique: “eat to your heart’s content and pay what your heart feels”. That’s right – you eat from their delicious buffet and, afterwards, pay an amount that you feel best suits the meal. Honesty is key here, so just make sure you don’t take advantage.
5. This American-style diner is incredibly popular amongst those who study in Western Australia. From its humble beginnings in Nedlands, the chain has now expanded to 5 locations across the state – and it’s not hard to see why!
Their tasty cheeseburgers cost just $12 each and once you’ve tried one – you’ll never look back!
Whilst cooking can be fun – it can sometimes be a chore. Enjoy a treat once in a while and try a few of the above courses in Perth for something different. You never know – you may even take away some inspiration for your next meal at home!
Have we missed one? Let us know in the comments section below! We’d love to hear your thoughts.